- Organizational Structure
● Formulating policies, legal and regulatory frameworks, development strategies and long-term plans governing meteorological services; formulating and issuing rules and regulations, technical standards and practices governing meteorological services, and supervising their execution; undertaking relevant administrative reviews.
● Participating in the central government decision-making process in meteorological disaster prevention, preparedness and mitigation; organizing a joint trans-regional and inter-departmental prevention campaign to combat major severe weather events; organizing and guiding the efforts to prevent and mitigate disasters induced by thunderstorm & lightning, heavy fog and other meteorological disasters; and being responsible for managing the local weather modification operations.
● Organizing to formulate and implement the plans for meteorological disaster prevention and preparedness; organizing the management work in emergency response to meteorological disaster prevention and preparedness; being responsible for providing meteorological support for public events; undertaking the operation and management of the early warning issuance platform for the nationwide public events.
● Formulating and implementing plans for meteorological disaster prevention and preparedness; organizing the management work for emergency responses to meteorological disaster prevention and preparedness; being responsible for providing meteorological support for public events; undertaking the operation and management of the early warning issuance platform for nationwide public events.
● Exercising management on the national weather forecasts and warnings, short-term climate predictions, urban environment-oriented meteorological forecasts, fire risk weather forecasts, space weather monitoring and warning and the issuance of climate impact assessments; organizing and guiding the exploitation and conservation of climatic resources; organizing and reviewing the meteorological certifications of state key construction projects, major regional economic development projects, and urban & rural construction planning.
● Organizing major meteorological research projects, and promoting wider applications of the proven research findings to meteorological operations; guiding and coordinating meteorological education and training; organizing the public outreach of meteorological knowledge to increase public awareness of meteorological disaster prevention & mitigation and climate resources.
● Managing international cooperative activities in meteorology; participating in activities of the World Meteorological Organization and other international meteorological institutions on behalf of the Chinese government; and conducting cooperation and exchanges with the meteorological institutions of other countries or regions.
● Providing leadership for the meteorological establishments nationwide; managing as the main governing body the meteorological bureaus at the provincial level in terms of planning and finance, institutional structures, personnel and human resources, scientific research, training and operational development; and guiding the development of local meteorological services.
● Assisting local people's governments in guiding ideological and cultural activities of local meteorological staff.
● Undertaking any other tasks assigned by the State Council.